The Rams Club is the group of supporters who believe in providing educational and athletic opportunities for Carolina's outstanding student-athletes. Through endowed, annual and capital giving, Rams Club members provide support for student-athlete scholarships, outstanding facilities and team support. Members also enjoy great benefits, including ticket priority, special events and more.
Carolina fans like you make up The Rams Club – a loyal group of Tar Heels who believe in providing outstanding student-athletes with the best college experience in the country.
What Is The Rams Club?
The Rams Club is an organization made up of Tar Heels who believe in the importance of providing educational and athletic opportunities for Carolina student-athletes through a great student-athlete experience at Carolina. Through your generous gifts, you provide valuable scholarship assistance for more than 550 student-athletes to attend our great University. Additionally, you provide outstanding facilities and programming that allows all 800+ Carolina student-athletes to train, develop and compete at the highest level. Your gifts allow our Tar Heels to pursue championships while earning an education and a family that will impact their lives forever.
Frequently Asked Questions
WE NEED YOU! You can help meet the most pressing need for Carolina Athletics – to continue the scholarship program for our student-athletes. Scholarship costs have doubled in the last 10 years alone, providing a serious challenge to our abilty to support scholarship student-athletes in all of our 28 varsity sports.
Anyone can become a member of The Rams Club! Membership begin at birth with the Carolina Kids Club and continue with the Junior Rams Club, Student Rams Club, Recent Graduate memberships and The Rams Club's general memberships!
You can become a Rams Club member for just $100 annually (even less for current UNC students and recent grads – see below). The Rams Club prides itself on a broad base of support – and seeks to increase that base by growing from our membership.
The Student Ram program allows current UNC student to join The Rams Club for only $25 per year. Student Rams Club members receive all the benefits and points that a Tar Heel ($100) member receives. This is a great way to start building Priority Points so that you have a well-established membership upon graduation.
The Recent Grad program allows recent Carolina graduates (within 5 years of graduation) to join The Rams Club at any level for half of the annual contribution requirement. For example, a Recent Grad member could join at the Big Ram ($1200) level for a contribution of only $600.
The membership year runs on a July 1 to June 30 calendar. You may make your gift at any point during the year and still receive full benefits throughout the year (new members must make an initial gift of $100 or set up scheduled payments to activate), but all memberships must be met by June 30 to remain active.
Gifts can be made online, over the phone or by mail. Each active member has a personalized online account that can be accessed to make secure gifts, check account status, update contact information, make a new pledge or access their GoHeels ticket account. New members may also join online.
Rams Club members receive priority over the general public in season and single game ticket assignments, as well as post-season opportunities. Priority is based on the Priority Point System (where you earn points for gifts and years of membership). All members are sent season ticket applications for football annually; football seating assignments are done with the member choosing his or her seats every three years (next selection in 2025). Basketball season tickets are available to Legend, Champion, All-American, Coaches Circle, and Super Ram level members as well as endowed scholarship donors; individual game tickets are made available to Rams Club members for priority request each fall.
- Mobile tickets can only be transferred directly through your online account. Ticket screenshots will not be accepted at the gate to reduce fraud and counterfeit tickets.
- Print-at-home tickets are still allowed in venues. If you do not have access to a printer of any kind or a smartphone, please contact the UNC Ticket Office at 800-722-4335 and they will be able to assist. On gamedays, please visit the on-site box office and present valid photo ID that matches the name associated with the account and the Ticket Office will be able to re-print your tickets.
- You are able to scan multiple tickets off the same phone. If your entire party is not present at the time of arrival it is easier to transfer each attendee their individual ticket. Ticket transfers are available until one hour prior to game time. In order to transfer mobile tickets, login to your account at goheels.com/myaccount or on the GoHeels mobile app. Click ‘Transfer Tickets’, select the game and ticket(s) you wish to transfer and enter in the mobile number or email address of the individual you are transferring the tickets to. You can also transfer multiple tickets to multiple individuals. We strongly encourage you to transfer a ticket to each member of your party through My Account 2.0 at goheels.com/tickets. This will allow for the easiest entry and access throughout the venue.
- With any additional questions, please contact the UNC Ticket Office during normal business hours, 8:30am – 4:30pm, Monday through Friday at 800-722-4335 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Rams Club utilizes a Priority Point System to determine rank amongst donors – rewarding loyalty and level of support. The point system determines seat locations for Football, Men’s and Women’s Basketball, Baseball, post-season tournaments, and special events.
Points are accumulated on the following basis:
- 1 point per $100 of giving
- 3 points per year of membership
- 15 points for 10 consecutive years of giving
- 30 points for 20 consecutive years, and so on
Rams Club memberships cannot be transferred to another person. Memberships can only be passed to a spouse and life memberships are no longer available.
The Rams Club is a non-profit entity with a volunteer board of directors that works with the University of North Carolina Department of Athletics to serve its mission by raising private funds and providing necessary resources to achieve success.
The Tax Cuts & Jobs Act of 2017 contains changes to Internal Revenue Code section 170(l) which impact gifts that benefit an institution of higher education that directly or indirectly provide rights to purchase seating at home athletic venues. While clear and precise rulings and interpretations of the full impact of the new legislation are not yet available, our tax advisors have advised us that the following appear certain:
- A gift to The Rams Club that grants you the rights to purchase seats at home athletic contests is most likely no longer considered tax-deductible.
- Donors who waive their right to purchase tickets based on their gift and the points associated with their gift may be able to deduct their contribution.
- The revised tax legislation addresses only tickets at home athletic venues. It does not address parking for home games nor rights to purchase seating for away or postseason games.
The above changes in the tax code likely will impact the deductibility of gifts to The Rams Club for membership dues, seat licenses in Kenan Stadium and the Smith Center, as well as some scholarship gifts.
Please note that The Rams Club is not a tax advisor. We encourage you to consult with your own tax advisors to determine how this legislation may impact the deductibility of your gifts in support of Carolina student-athletes.
While the changes in tax law may change the deductibility of your gifts, they do not change the importance of your gifts to Carolina student-athletes. You have an incredible impact on the lives of our Tar Heels and on our ability to recruit, train, and develop the best student-athletes in the country. Thank you for all that you do!
Staff & Leadership
The staff of The Rams Club is here to serve our loyal members. The two volunteer boards for the organization provide outstanding, membership-based leadership for the organization.
Join Our Team
Would you like to help us serve loyal Rams Club members? Consider joining our team!
Contact The Rams Club
Have a question or need assistance with a membership issue? You can use the chat feature that is superimposed over this website or reach out to The Rams Club by clicking below.