ERNIE WILLIAMSON ATHLETICS CENTER
The new home of The Rams Club and The Carolina Basketball Museum
**Bonus points recently extended: all gifts to Ernie Williamson made by December 31, 2009 receive 20% bonus points.**
(Please note: The Rams Club has completed the fund raising for this campaign project - bonus points will apply to members who have already made a gift or who have current outstanding pledges on this project.)
UNC welcomes a new facility that honors the rich traditions of Tar Heel Basketball and the storied Carolina Athletics program. The Ernie Williamson Athletics Center is the new home for much of Carolina Athletics, including a state-of-the-art museum dedicated to the outstanding legacy and bright future of Carolina Basketball.
Located immediately east of the Dean E. Smith Center and the Maurice Koury Natatorium, the new structure has become an immediate destination of choice for any Tar Heel fan. Named in honor of Ernie Williamson (please click here to see more information on Ernie Williamson), a former Executive Director of The Rams Club and a great friend of Carolina Athletics, the 3½-story building will house many entertaining and important parts of Carolina Athletics:
- The Carolina Basketball Museum - The rich tradition of Tar Heel Basketball is rightfully honored with an interactive museum. The museum, located on the first floor of the building, features multimedia and memorabilia items for all Tar Heel fans to enjoy. For details on the museum itself, click here.
- Athletics Department Offices - The staff of the Athletics Department comes together under one roof from various locations around campus. The second floor space features offices and meeting space for coaches and staff meetings.
- Rams Club/Educational Foundation Offices - The Foundation moves back to campus with offices on the third floor of the building. The space features ample space for current and future operations and a conference room suitable for large meetings.
- Ticket Office - The Ticket Office relocates to space on the east side of the building at the ground level facing ample parking for visitors. The ticket windows offer ample opportunities for walk-up and game-day ticket sales.
- Commemorative Brick Courtyard - The brick courtyard allowed donors to the project to be recognized through marked bricks and a donor recognition wall. The bricks are now currently on display in the courtyard, call The Rams Club for your specific brick location.
The Ernie Williamson Athletics Center has ensured that the many facets of the UNC Athletics Department and The Rams Club are no longer be spread around and off campus, but are once again together under one roof. In addition, the project includes a redesign of the old Foundation offices into a media center for use by sports information and marketing.
Many donors supported this magnificent project in honor of Ernie and dedicated to Carolina Athletics and Tar Heel Basketball. We appreciate your generous support in making this building possible.